Thursday, September 13, 2012

Playing games, is more fun in the Philippines!

Although I always try and make sure I have time to play with my son, because he is the only kid in the house, so, I play with him. I take him to the park, baseball and soccer fields! It came to a point that whenever he is bored and he wanted to play with me even though I am busy doing the works in the house he will have tantrums if I don’t play! Yes, when it comes to play he is very demanding! And I understand because he don’t have somebody to play with in the house and sometimes he don’t understand that I can’t play with him all the time.

So, whenever I have time like my day off. We visit my friend so he can play with her son too.  Then we go home and he won't  have playmates for a week. Although he have time to play with kids in the school but it’s still not enough for him. They can only play during recess, and that only takes at least 1 hour.  You know what he said to me onetime? He told me “mommy my best time in school is during recess!” Sounds funny isn't it? So you know, he couldn’t get enough play!

I would think that if he is in the Philippines now, he is a happy camper because he can get all the games that he want there. I mean not material games. It’s more like outdoor games that I used to play when I was a little kid. That’s why the kid in Philippines is happier compare here. You know what I noticed? Even if you buy them all the toys, they still not happy because there is no interaction! Games like tumba lata, patentero, tago-tago, langit lupa, dakop-dakop, takyan, jolin, buwan-buwan, you name it! They are interactive and are very good for kids development! It builds up their emotional and social skills!

I never had any sad moments when I was a kid. I would just play with the kids in the neighborhood and only go home when I’m thirsty or when my mother called for dinner!

Well, hopefully and Gods willing next year, we would be able to visit Philippines again!

Anyway, please watch the video below that I created. It’s all about the games in the Philippines that I missed, and hope AJ can experience! Please share if you like it! Thank you for dropping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment