Friday, October 12, 2012

Spicy Bihon

Sometimes I just crave some of my favorite filipino dish. And today I really, really wanted to eat pancit bihon (rice noodle). So, when I got home today I immediately cook pancit bihon.

When I was in the Philippines I can eat this everyday and I don't get bored with it. But here in the states I don't know for some reason maybe because there are so many foods available here than in the Philippines so that's why I get bored eating this everyday now.. but like I said I really crave this food sometimes..

So, I called this "Spicy Bihon" because I add a spicy hotdog in it that makes the dish spicy, actually the pancit doesn't taste spicy at all, it just the hot dog. Some  people add shrimps, bola-bola, fish balls etc....

Here are the ingredients:

1 pack HOBE special bihon (rice noodle)
2 tablespoon cooking oil
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of onions
1 stick jumbo spicy hotdog
1 cup sliced pork loin (you can also use chicken, beef, shrimps or both)
1 tsp of salt
1 cup sliced carrots(you can also add other vegetable like string beans or cabbage)
1 1/4 cup of water or chicken broth
4 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon scallion

Procedure:

1. Soak the rice noodle in water for 5 minutes, then drained,
2. Saute garlic and onion in cooking oil until the garlic turn golden brown,
3. Add the hotdog, saute for 1 minute,
4. Add the pork, salt, then stir them together, cover the pan and let it cooked for 10 minutes
5. open the pan, stir together then add the water or chicken broth, then cover and let it boil for 5 minutes,
6. open the pan, add the soy sauce and let it simmer for another 5 minutes,
7. this time you can taste it if you need to add more water or more soy sauce, then add the noodles, mix them together, cover and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes,
8. open the pan and and stir the ingredients again, cover and let it simmer for 3 minutes,
9. add half of the scallion, mix them together,
10. plate them and garnish the rest of the scallion on top of the pancit bihon then let's EAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment