Friday, September 7, 2012

Me and Marie goofying around at the asian market and side walk vendor!

After we ate at “baby’s eatery”  Marie wanted  to check out this asian store.  Actually I’ve been here many times to buy meats and fish.  It’s really hard for me to find a fresh sea food in safeway or lucky store, if they do, it’s going to be expensive.  So I always get my meats and sea foods in the asian store because of the variety and affordability. Last time, I bought a fresh salmon head and salmon belly. When I went home I made a spicy salmon head soup and fried salmon belly with rice! So delicious! This is what I missed in the Philippines, because I can’t always eat fish here. My husband would complain about the smell especially when I cooked dried fish! But I’m still grateful I live here in Daly City! I don’t feel so homesick.


As you see in the video. There are lots of Filipinos in this area especially Daly City.  Actually, you can always eat the food that you missed in the Philippines here, because; there are lots of Filipino grocery stores and restaurants. Like the Philippines, you can also see lots of Chinese vendors. It reminds me of divisoria in manila and colon in cebu city.



No comments:

Post a Comment